By Madeline Dickson, SS&C Marketing
Today marks the 30th Anniversary of SS&C Technologies. Founded by CEO Bill Stone in 1986, SS&C has grown to over 7,300 employees, serving over 10,000 clients globally. Beginning with a mission to serve the Insurance industry, SS&C has evolved into a global organization. Offering 90 products and services, SS&C now serves not only insurance companies, but also those in the alternative investments space, institutional and investment management, advisory, real estate industries and more.
SS&C has made 44 successful acquisitions to date, and brought in $563 out of our $658 billion assets under administration in just fewer than ten years. Spanning across 4 continents, SS&C’s services and software encompass every type of financial services company, in every corner of the world.
Join us in celebrating the following milestones and many more to come:
- Founded in 1986 by CEO Bill Stone, SS&C Technologies’ original name was Securities Software & Consulting, Inc. SS&C was incorporated as a Connecticut corporation in March of that year.
- In 1989, SS&C releases its first product, CAMRA, becoming the first client server, relational database investment accounting system for the insurance and asset management industry.
- 1995 marks SS&C joining the outsourcing game, delivering full application service provider solutions and services.
- SS&C goes public in 1996. The IPO raises $71.0 million and goes public at $19 a share.
- Revenues for SS&C surpass $200 million in 2006. The 2006 HFMWeek Hedge Fund Administrator survey cites SS&C as the fastest-growing administrator among the top ten.
- In 2010, SS&C goes public for the second time, trading on the NASDAQ under ticker SSNC. SS&C has 1,400 staff in 26 offices around the world, with 5000+ clients that manage more than $16 trillion in AUM.
- In 2012, SS&C acquires GlobeOp, capitalizing on GlobeOp’s market leading middle-office services and full range of “Go Applications.”
- In 2015, SS&C announces the acquisition of Advent Software, a leading FinTech solutions provider in the asset management and advisory markets.
- SS&C completes the acquisition of Citi Alternative Investor Services in 2016, creating the second largest fund administrator in the industry.
- SS&C celebrates 30 years of innovation on March 16, 2016!
The hard work and energy of SS&C’s employees and loyalty of our valued clients has helped see through SS&C’s mission to innovate and successfully serve the financial industry over the past 30 years. We intend to stay leaders in technology and will continue to develop and strengthen solutions and services to delight the industry. A big thank you to employees, clients, and the industry partners for continued confidence in SS&C.