By Rainer Fuchsluger
It’s just under a week until the SS&C Investment Management Summit 2017 Asia. Returning to Hong Kong on August 24th, the Summit brings together asset managers, wealth managers, and insurance and government agency executives.
This year’s summit is centered on the fundamental changes within Asia’s investment management sector brought about by rapid FinTech adoption and widespread regulatory changes.
Not surprisingly, China will be a key focus of discussion. The internationalization of the Renminbi, Belt and Road initiatives, and greater regulatory controls are having a major impact on fundraising and investment management opportunities. Just late last month, the IMF raised its forecast for China’s 2017 economic growth to 6.7 percent, its third increase this year. According to PwC’s Global FinTech Survey China Summary 2017, investment management is one of the three key areas which will be disrupted by FinTech in the Mainland over the next five years.
Highlights of the 2017 Summit include:
- Greater China Investment Management Landscape keynote speech from Arthur Bacci, Chairman of Hong Kong Investment Funds Association and Vice President of the Principal Financial Group.
- InvestTech Industry Insights from Rainer Fuchsluger, Asia Managing Director, SS&C Institutional & Investment Management, and views on Digital Transformation from David Rhind, APAC Solution Manager, SS&C Anova.
- Greater China Investment Management – 2022 Outlook panel discussion with Stewart Aldcroft, Chairman of CitiTrust Hong Kong; Eleanor Wan, Chief Executive Officer at BEA Union Investment Management; and Keith Yuen, Regional Vice President, Principal International Asia – moderated by Erica Fung, Strategic Account Director, SS&C Institutional & Investment Management.
- Connected China panel discussion with Barnaby Nelson, Regional Head of Securities Services, Greater China and North East Asia, Transaction Banking, Standard Chartered and Arthur Wong, Head of IT at China Construction Bank Asia – moderated by Rhys Octigan, Regional Head of Business Development, SS&C Global Solutions.
- Building vs Outsourcing with Stanley Yu, Director, Group Technology UBS Wealth Management and Munther Haddad, Vice President, SS&C Institutional & Investment Management.
Additional sessions will be held on data visualization and operational efficiency tools, Hi Portfolio Innovation, and SS&C Portia Innovation.
Complementary or incompatible? How will FinTech and the investment management industry develop in Hong Kong, China, and across Asia? Join us at Asia’s leading InvestTech conference to find out. Click here to see the full Summit Agenda.
Still need another reason? SS&C is a leading cloud-based provider of services and software for global investment management firms. We own and maintain the best technology in the industry. Can you afford to miss out?
This conference has been rescheduled. To learn about the new event, read the updated blog.